A sexually transmitted disease caused by the virus human papilloma virus (HPV); resulting in a small lump or swelling on the genitals.
If you’re experiencing new, severe, or persistent symptoms, contact a health care provider.
The symptoms include:
- Small painless growths or lumps around genital area or on anus
- Itching and discomfort in the genital area
- Warts if untreated, grow and coalesce together resulting in a cauliflower like appearance
- Bleeding with intercourse
→ Common treatment options
→ How is this diagnosed?
It is caused by a virus called human papilloma virus
- HPV spreads through sexual contact with the infected person.
The risk factors include:
- Multiple sexual partners
- Weak immune system
→ Questions to ask your doctor
→ Interested to know more? Check out the full article here